Update June 10 2020
Greetings, Ayers Animal Hospital Family!
Based on the recent developments concerning COVID-19, and the recently issued guidelines for veterinary practices from the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association), we’ve decided to make some slight modifications to our reopening plan to maintain client and team safety and keep your wait times to a minimum. We know how frustrating these times have been (for all of us!), especially with the many changes and curveballs being thrown, but we are committed to keeping you in the loop!
Our guidelines are changing, starting June 22nd, 2020. Instead of fully reopening the lobby, the current recommendations are similar to those being employed by human medical professionals, and this is how we plan to proceed. We will have a limited number of exam rooms open for select types of appointments, as well as for those pet parents without access to a vehicle or cell phone (or air conditioning, as the weather becomes warmer!). Be aware that if you need one of these appointments, you may experience extended wait times, as the number of rooms and team members available to assist you are limited by social distancing, but we’ll do our best to accommodate you! We, of course, will continue to offer our curbside services, as you’ve come to expect.
For those pet parents allowed into exam rooms, the following guidelines stated in our previous announcements will still apply, as well as:
- Pet parents will be required to wear a face covering at all times while inside. These may be masks, bandannas, or scarves, and must cover BOTH the nose and mouth. If you are unwilling or unable to wear a face covering, a curbside appointment will be required.
- Team members will be required to wear a mask at all times, as well as gloves and other PPE as needed.
- Examination rooms will be fully disinfected between appointments, with special attention being paid to high-touch surfaces.
- Social distancing standards will be required, and floor markings will be in place to denote appropriate distances to maintain.
- A limit of ONE (1) client per appointment will be permitted in an exam room. If you have multiple pets and require assistance, we’re happy to help you get your pets into the building.
- This requirement is waived in the case of humane euthanasia.
Be aware, that we still strongly recommend our curbside service option if at all possible- keeping you curbside means that we can see more patients in a day, as the disinfection requirements aren’t as stringent, allowing for faster turnover and shorter wait times! We understand that wait times have been negatively affected, and we’re doing our best to keep them minimized for you and your pets! We ask that you continue to be patient with us, and appreciate the accommodation! We also ask that you please continue to follow all team member instructions and posted signage, as it helps keep things running smoothly! If you have any questions, feel free to call us at (304) 529-6049 during our regular business hours (if you don’t get through immediately, keep trying until you get one of our team members!)
Thanks very much!
-The Veterinarians and Team of Ayers Animal Hospital
COVID-19 Update: 6/2/2020
To our Ayers Animal Hospital Family;
As these difficult times continue, we’re maintaining our promise to keep you up to date on our decisions concerning COVID-19. Our previous statement indicated that we would be attempting a reopening of our lobby on June 8th, 2020. We’ve decided, with the recent uptick in social gatherings, to push this back to June 22nd, 2020. It’s important to us that we support the health and safety of out pet parents and team members! Again, this reopening will be contingent on the developing “new normal” as more information becomes available to us.
We understand that this has been frustrating- it’s been frustrating for us as well! We appreciate your patience with us during the past several months, as well as your patience and support moving forward! Again, please remember that our reopening will involve the following protocol changes:
- All staff members will be required to wear face coverings at all times. Staff members will also be required to wear gloves, which will be changed between appointments.
- All pet parents/clients will also be required to wear face coverings. These can be in the form of masks, bandanas, or scarves and must cover BOTH the mouth and the nose. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a face covering, you will be required to use our curbside appointment option.
- The number of clients allowed in the lobby at any given time will be limited to maintain social distancing. A helpful team member will be available to manage foot traffic. IF YOU PREFER TO HAVE A CURBSIDE APPOINTMENT, just let us know, and we’ll be happy to accommodate this preference. We highly recommend curbside appointments for at-risk groups.
- Examination rooms will be fully disinfected between each appointment, with special attention being paid to high-touch surfaces (such as door handles and chairs).
- Our lobby will be regularly disinfected throughout the day.
- There will be floor markings denoting the appropriate distances to be maintained between clients and clients/staff members.
These times continue to be confusing and stressful, however we at Ayers Animal Hospital are committed to being one of the safest places you visit while providing the best veterinary care in the region. Failure to follow the above guidelines puts us all at risk, so please bear with us and follow the instructions of any posted signage and team member guidance! We’re doing our very best to keep these transitions as smooth and painless as possible, and we very much appreciate the patience and compassion we’ve seen from our pet parent network. We know there have been slowdowns in service as we all adjust, but we will continue to make modifications to keep your wait times to a minimum. Again, things are subject to change, but we’ll do our best to keep you up to date on any further developments. Feel free to call us with any questions at (304)-529-6049!
-The Veterinarians and Team of Ayers Animal Hospital