Kennel Position Opening
We have a veterinary kennel assistant position open. Kennel assistant is responsible for the day-to-day care of patients and boarders. Kennel experience is highly preferred.
This position includes feeding, watering, cleaning, walking, bathing, medicating and monitoring the well being of dogs, cats and, occasionally, other companion animals. Also requires general cleaning which includes: sweeping, mopping, hosing, scooping, cleaning kennels and runs, dishes and laundry, etc. Walking and interaction with dogs and cats, effective communication with clients and team members, and must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- You must be able to apply knowledge and skills in controlling/handling individual animal temperament.
- Ability and know the proper method of restraint for animals during treatments and other procedures.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor (lift 40-50 lbs).
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given work duties.
- You must be able to bend, stand, stoop, walk, sit, communicate, and listen.
- You will be frequently working in a bent position.
- You will use your hands to handle, or feel; you will also be reaching with hands and arms as well.
- During the duties of this job, you will be exposed to hazards associated with potentially aggressive patients, infected animals, unpleasant odors, noises, exposure to bites, scratches, and animal waste along with exposure to contagious diseases (using proper safety attire)
- Work is mainly inside, but outside work is required caring for the runs and the property of the hospital.
- You must follow all federal, state health laws along with OSHA safety regulations.
All applicants must be available all major holidays and weekends and be reliable to work in a last minute fill in to cover a shift. This job is not just playing with our patients or boarders, but also requires constant cleaning, monitoring and more cleaning.
Please send your resume to [email protected], drop off your resume here at Ayers Animal Hospital between the hours of 8-5 pm Mon - Friday or mail your resume to: Ayers Animal Hospital, 1514 Norway Ave, Huntington WV 25705. No phone calls please.